Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Gratitude

Bad things happen.They happen just let you feel that you exist.Life still exists.I am quoting those lines from zindagi na milegi dobara,
Dilon mein tum apni betabiyan leke chal rahe ho.
Toh zinda ho tum!
Nazar mein khwaabon ki bijliyan leke chal rahe ho
Toh zinda ho tum!
--------------------------
Jo apni aankhon mein hairaniyan leke chal rahe ho
Toh zinda ho tum!
Dilon mein tum apni betabiyan leke chal rahe ho
Toh zinda ho tum!
All one need to have is holding the nerves and thinking beyond the mishaps and that feel of gratitude that,this is not the worst.One still has something saved up for further life.
Things that made me feel so today are,
1.I got to know that,I have lost my Grad main certificate since a long time,today morning.While arranging all documents I have had the consent of losing it.Suddenly I thought of running to the xerox shop I visited a month ago & there it was.It could have been worst.But I felt like been saved by somebody with just the bad.Bad ain't that worse at all.The thought of gratitude was there for that man at the shop who had been saving it for these days.
2.At office,there is this friend with whom while working on some issues,some conflicts came up.Situation got worse that we have not spoken since that day.I don't know why I did that today,but whatever happened,happened for good.He was passing by me to the cafeteria,and I un-thoughtfully smiled at him.And there it was.He smiled in return too.Somebody truly said, "Smile.Cause it costs nothing,but pays for everything." I felt like our distance has gone totally.Tomorrow I May try talking to him.It feels so relaxing when bunch of strained thoughts release slowly.The feel of gratitude follows here again.
3.There is my roomie,who has been a perfect shoulder to cry on.She's always been there for every single moments of ups & down in my life at here.Today she was all moon-faced.I've so badly been trying to know the reason behind it.I thought she could use some help.And at EOD,she told it.And how do you feel when you find arms around you,when the world diminishes! She totally passed out there.After a while,I saw things turning better.And as if everything's just great as it was before.There we were laughing at our thought process which at times turns things complicated.Like in a labyrinthine.
I can't stop myself quoting E E CUMMINGS,while it comes to gratitude.As I read the lines again & again,I feel heavenly on this mundane earth which has given us the gift like 'Problems',that keep us on the ground.
"I thank You God for most this amazing
day: for the leaping greenly spirits of trees
and a blue true dream of sky; and for everything
which is natural which is infinite which is yes

(I who have died am alive again today,
and this is the sun’s birthday; this is the birth
day of life and love and wings: and of the gay
great happening illimitably earth)

how should tasting touching hearing seeing
breathing any-lifted from the no
of all nothing-human merely being
doubt unimaginably You?

(now the ears of my ears awake and
now the eyes of my eyes are opened)"
- E. E. Cummings

The one track since the time I left office till now is "The heart of Life-John mayer".I know,the oldies again.
Do you end your day by saying,"I am thankful for today".Well,I am doing now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment