Saturday, May 26, 2012

Jack Johnson Sunday

Sunday.It's the time of blessed events.Other than,I,waking up early,there are thousand reasons to be happy about.Monsoon is almost arriving at Hyderabad.The bestest of moments.I woke up with that drizzling onset.
And yes,I along with the trees,leaves,2 doberman downstairs,are listening to Jack Johnson.I believe Jack Johnson,is one of the most amazingly songwriters who eventually never ceases to amaze me.People who have not been into him might say it's a over or under-statement.But I would tell he just is.His music is simple, like Yanni, but the most simple of stuff is the most gorgeous and soothing as well.Jack has a voice (and excuse this dramatic usage of words) that is outstandingly dreamy. The simple guitar, vocal harmonies, key board and some drums create a soothing, and wonderful sound.Sometimes his lyrics kinda sound ADHD, but if you really stop and listen to what he is saying, you'll be surprised. True, some songs are harder to dissect than others.Brushfire Fairytales,In between Dreams was some months ago my repetitive soundtrack.And these days I have been crazy about To The Sea.Sleep Through The Static,Adrift. Phenomenon.This is how he does say:
Your voice is your own, I can't protect it
You'll have to sing
A verse no one has ever known
I can listen to this for the rest of my life.

1 comment: